Here are some thoughts from scripture for the Thanksgiving season.
– It is God’s will for believers to choose to have a mental attitude of thankfulness (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
– A mental attitude of thankfulness brings honor and glory to God (Psalm 69:30; 2 Corinthians 4:15)
– Thanksgiving is not just ‘saying’ thanks but is choosing to cultivate a mindset of being thankful (Psalm 100:4; Colossians 3:15)
– Thanksgiving is a freewill offering, a sacrifice which we give to God (Leviticus 7:11-12; Psalm 116:17; Hebrews 13:15)
– Thanksgiving will be an important part of worship in Heaven for all eterninty (Revelation 7:12)